WHAT TO EXPECT COMING BACK TO CHURCH
After 16 weeks of being completely online for our Sunday services, we can’t wait to be able to open our doors again. In saying that, we completely understand there will be some in our congregation, for many reasons who will remain online at this time. Just as in the last season we will seek to serve you and keep you connected the best we can.
Eastcoast Online will go LIVE at the new time of 10:30 am as of the 12th of July.
For those of you who are planning to return to Church, we want you to know. Eastcoast Church is registered as a COVIDSafe Business, our staff and Key Team have undergone the Australian Government Infection Control Training for COVID-19. We have adopted and implemented a COVIDSafe service plan as recommended by ACS Financial and ACC National.
What does all this mean? When you come back to Church things are going to` look a little different. Here are 5 points that will give you a quick overview of the changes you can expect
THE 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COMING BACK TO CHURCH
1. Planning to come to Church
Due to the current guidelines requiring 1 person per 4 sqm we have a venue capacity. In order to get as many people back to Church, we will be launching on 12th July two morning services 8:30 am & 10:30 am. (1hour service)
– To ensure we keep to our venue capacity you will need to register you and your family for the service you wish to attend. You can Register on the Website eastcoast.org.au registrations for the first service will open Friday 3rd of July. Following that every Friday for the Sunday a week in advance.
Register for CoastKids – Our Kids Church program is currently only available for our 10:30 am service. We have a huge capacity for our kid’s program and want to offer the safest most fun/faith-filled program we can for our Kids. This means we will have new rooms opening up to ensure we comply with the venue capacity in every ministry. You can register your kids for the 8:30 and have them sit in the service with you.
IMPORTANT NOTE; If you were planning to come to Church and have registered, and any of the below points apply to you we kindly ask you to cancel your registration and please do not attend the service:
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 (eg: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell);
- If you have COVID-19 or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test;
- If you have been in close contact with any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 in the past 14 days;
- If you have returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days.
We encourage you to join us online.
2. On Arrival
Aim to come 20min early for the service,
On arrival, you will see blue markings on the ground near the entry to help you line up in 1.5 meter line to go through our screening process.
Our friendly Registration team will
– Check your temperature
– Ask you “have experienced any COVID or flu-like symptoms in the past two weeks.”
– Following the successful screening, you will be signed into the service.
FREE COFFEE will only be available before both services – this will be prepared by our Coffee team with a high level of Safe food/beverage handling and collected by you with no lining or ordering.
3. Service Experience
In our venue, we want to ensure that you feel comfortable and supported in following good hygiene practices and complying with the Government requirements.
What does this look like?
– Instead of a handshake or hug our Host team will greet you with a warm smile and one of the creative non-contact greetings we have all grown accustomed to in this season.
– You will see signage reminding you of best practice hand washing as well as multiple sanitisation stations in every room to make it easy for you to access.
– There will be signage in every room stating the rooms capacity, seats have been set up in advance for social distancing, allowing for family groups to sit together.
– At this stage, we have been recommended by the government not to sing as this is a high risk of spreading COVID 19. Our Worship team will be 3 meters from the congregation and leading us In a shorter worship set where we can worship God with our hands and hearts.
– For this season we will not be offering Altar ministry, we know that God CAN and WILL move in miraculous ways in this season, in a time of corporate-focused prayer.
– When the service is finished, we will need to move out of the building to allow for our cleaning teams to do a high level clean of seats and surfaces before the next service.
– We are required to ensure people are not congregating outside the venue in large groups.
We encourage you to be intentional in building community and make plans to head out with friends for coffee/brunch/lunch.
4. Cleaning Plan
For your peace of mind and in line with the Government requirement of a COVIDSafe Business we have established a high-level cleaning plan. Along with our staff and volunteer roles in carrying out this plan we have engaged with a professional cleaning company. Every week we will have a high-level clean of our bathrooms, high contact surfaces, and children’s church toys and rooms. Download our cleaning plan here.
5. Coast Kids
We know our CoastKids are so excited to catch up with each other now that Church is back! In order to adhere to room capacity limits, we will be utilising different spaces across our building to accommodate for more Eastcoast families. There will, therefore, be a new process when it comes to Check-in & Out. Our new registration team will Check-in the kids with you when you arrive – bring your QR code for a fast contactless experience. Our friendly hosts will help direct you to our new Little Whalers, Starfish, Stingrays & Hammerheads rooms. At the end of the service, Check-out will be from the same room that you dropped the kids off to. We can’t wait to see you in CoastKids!.
REGISTER FOR CHURCH
If you experience any COVID, cold or flu symptoms within 14 days of the event, please cancel your registration.
If you have any issues with this, call our office on 02 9531 6554.