Emotion Coaching – The Heart of Parenting
Research over the past 20 years that has found that children who have been Emotion Coached by their parents were more successful as an adult in areas such as peer friendships, employment and academic achievement. The key to helping children be successful now and into the future is helping to grow their emotional intelligence. How parents connect with their kids and the quality of their communication is pivotal to Emotion Coaching.
This is our one-day Workshop with it’s core aim to help parents of children between the ages of 3-18 years to connect with their children. You will learn the importance of emotional intelligence; how to understand and validate your child’s emotions, and how to coach them through these emotions and managing their behaviours.
Kerrie and Adrian, your presenters, have been married since 2008, they are both Principal Psychologists, and Directors in their two psychology practices (Motivating Marriages Psychology and Motivating Minds Psychological Practice). They are both extremely stubborn, both right about everything – even though they don’t agree on everything! They really love each other, can really fight with each other and are deeply committed to marriage both personally and professionally.
Can you just imagine the psycho-analysis flying around behind their closed doors!
Together they have a combined 30 years of clinical experience, they have both completed Levels 1, 2 and Level 3 Practicum Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, and use Gottman Method Couples Therapy in their work with clients (and with each other!)
Felix and Lou transitioned to the role of Senior Pastors of Eastcoast Church on March 11th 2018. Felix has been a member of Eastcoast Church for 20 years and Lou for 15 years.
They met and got married serving God together leading the young adults ministry, since then have had three kids and love serving God as a family.
They are passionate about building an authentic Church where people encounter God and find real community. Felix and Lou have a heart for this generation to know Jesus personally, they desire to raise up people to be all that God has called them to be and release them into our local community and the world with the message of His love and freedom.
Benefits for the Children
– Perform better academically
– Have fewer behavioural problems
– Have fewer infectious illnesses
– Are more emotionally stable
– Are more resilient
– Can focus attention and motivate themselves
Benefits for the Parents
– Increased emotional connection with children
– Become emotionally responsive parents
Who Should Attend
– Parents of children between the ages of 3-18 years
– Parents wanting to learn how to recognize, respond to, and validate what your child is feeling
– Those who want to be an effective emotion coach using the 5 Steps of Emotion Coaching with children of any age
– Parents looking to discover ways to express understanding and empathy
– Those wanting to know how to effectively set limits and problem solve with your children
*** Whilst we do offer a single parent ticket, it is strongly recommended that if you are in a relationship, that both parents attend this workshop. For co-parenting to be effective, children need their parents to be using the same Emotion Coaching parenting skills.
3A Endeavour Rd, Caringbah